Heathridge Primary School – Playground Sand Installation
- Client: Bravo Building and Landscaping
- Location: Heathridge Primary School
- Budget: $5,000-$10,000
- Date: September 2020
- Service: Slinger
- Product: Sand
PMB was brought in to assist Bravo Building and Landscaping with the bulk supply and installation of Washed White Sand (playground sand) at the new playground and sandpit at Heathridge Primary School.
Perth Materials Blowing often partners with landscaping and construction companies to handle the bulk-material needs of their projects – saving them time and labour without sacrificing on a quality result for their clients.
Bravo chose to use PMB for this project as the capabilities of our slinger truck made us an asset for a few critical reasons:
- OHS compliance: Using PMB to cover the bulk-materials handling of this project, enabled them to minimise OHS concerns for their staff and business.
- Restricted access: Due to the fenced-in location of the playground, access was made more difficult, and using a standard skid-steer loader would have caused significant and severe damage to the new artificial lawn and the new concrete paving.
- Increased workload: Bravo had many projects on the go, and their staff were being spread thin in order to meet output and deadlines. In order to install the required amount of sand, they would need to find an additional 50-60 man-hours to fill it using wheelbarrows.
The PMB Solution
Our slinger truck was the ideal solution to meet all the challenges of this project.
Unlike a skid-steer, our slinger truck could reach right over the fence and install the sand directly into the playground – without causing the slightest damage. By using PMB, Bravo completely removed the need for any material to be transported across the client’s new artificial lawn and concrete paving.
The entire install was also completed in one day, allowing Bravo’s staff to spend their time completing other projects – without having to manually handle the bulk materials.
Works were completed ahead of schedule and entirely on-budget – without the Bravo team having to lift a finger – or push a barrow. With the surrounding features untouched and the playground filled with quality sand in a day, Bravo and their client were both pleased with the result.
Can we help?
If you require bulk-material installation, the Perth Materials Blowing slinger truck is a fast and cost-effective solution.
Talk to our team today about partnering with us on your next project.
Learn more about PMB’s Playground Solutions